Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introductions

At the beginning of any relationship, I think introductions are in order. My name is Ahm. Occasionally, Ahmahunter. Sometimes, Ahmarogue. But for the most part, I'm a paladin. I'll probably have other alter egos in the future, but these keep me busy for now.

I exist in the World of Warcraft. It's a lot like your world, only much, much better. Me and my buddies get to slay monsters, make tons of gold, and fly on the backs of mighty dragons. Well, they look pretty mighty, at least. To be honest, they mostly just fly around. They can't breathe fire or eat gnomes or anything fun like that.

The characters in my world are also quite a bit like the people in yours. In my visit to the city today, a complete stranger just walked right up to me and asked me for some money. I can understand the appeal in such a proposition. After-all, I was atop my mighty stead in the main hall wearing all my shiny epic toys. My armor glistened in the dim light. There was probably a sign on my back asking for someone to come up and lighten my pockets for me. And even if there wasn't, what's the harm in asking, right?

Generally I ignore these toons. I don't like people that just ask for hand-outs. But instead, I decided to have some fun. What's the harm, right?

Stranger: "caan i have some money."
Ahm: "I was just about to ask you for some!"
Stranger: "can i have just a lil money"
Ahm: "I'm broke.. I need 5 copper!"
<The stranger opens a trade window with me and puts up 5 copper but doesn't accept the trade yet>
Stranger: "then i have to get money from you im broke i need 60silver"
Ahm: "sorry I don't have any silver"
<The stranger closes the trade and runs off to his bank>

No comments:

Post a Comment